Marshall, MI Capitol Hill School - 1893
This two-room schoolhouse served the city for 101 years. Deactivated in 1961, it was sold to the Marshall Historical Society in 1968. Since that time much restoration has been done. Capitol Hill School has been re-roofed, the building tuck-pointed, its surface ground and seal coated, and the trim painted. The bell tower, inspired by a photo of the school before the turn of the century, was reproduced as closely to the original as possible.